POSITION: Systems Engineer, Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Programs
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
LOCATION: Washington D.C.
JOB ID: 23-015
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Envisioneering, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Systems Engineer to manage naval Combat System (CS) and Electronic Warfare (EW) Modeling and Simulation (M&S) testbed development for the Naval Research Lab (NRL) Tactical EW Directorate (TEWD). In this capacity, the Systems Engineer will support a diverse, multi-discipline team of Government and Contract personnel in the development, integration, testing, and successful demonstration of model-based testbeds that support advanced surface ship CS and EW upgrades for the U.S. Navy.
- Provide systems engineering support of software model development leading to successful Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) for use in testing advanced surface ship CS and EW upgrades.
- Collaborate with NRL Project Managers, Subject Matter Experts, and Software Developers to provide systems engineering expertise and artifacts that support model VV&A, Test, and Evaluation (T&E) activities. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing Model Description Documents (MDDs).
- Developing testing requirements and plans for verification of model performance based on demonstration of Detailed Level Requirements (DLRs).
- Formulating data requirements to support validation of models using results from physical Developmental Testing (DT) and Operational Testing (OT).
- Developing model configuration management plans, maintenance plans, and logistic support plans.
- Developing Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and tracking model development, integration, and testing toward required program milestones, including program reviews, test readiness reviews, and test runs-for-record.
- Identifying and assessing project risks. Developing mitigation/avoidance strategies.
- Develop artifacts required by the Government Project Manager and the Operational Test Agency to support accreditation of the models for testing CS and EW upgrade programs of record.
- Work in a team environment with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Assist software developers in drafting model test artifacts, including test plans, test procedures, requirements traceability matrices, and test reports.
- Draft and deliver briefings to Government program managers on systems engineering aspects of software models under development.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule along with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of Systems Engineering experience.
- DAWIA certification in systems engineering (desired).
- Experience in software M&S development.
- Experience identifying and quantifying program risks.
- Experience/understanding of DoD processes for Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) of software models/simulations.
- Experience/understanding of Test & Evaluation.
- Experience/understanding of naval surface EW systems (Desired).
- Experience/understanding of distributed simulation projects employing High Level Architecture (Desired).
- Mastery of standard productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite in order to support system documentation efforts.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship and an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance* is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics. (Engineering preferred but not mandatory.)
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment drug screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing. *A Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Envisioneering stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
To apply for this position: Please submit a current resume with salary requirements @ www.envisioneeringinc.com . Resumes held in strict confidence.