All new hires in technology and engineering positions are eligible for hiring bonuses! This position is eligible for a 10% hiring bonus!
POSITION: System Administrator III
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Top Secret
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
JOB ID: 22-009
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
The System Administrator III will perform routine and complex system administration, network administration, security administration, and technical support tasks in addition to related database administration tasks for the Tactical Electronic Warfare Division (TEWD) at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL).
- Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers.
- Conduct functional and connectivity testing to ensure continuing operability.
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Comply with organization systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Implement and enforce local network usage policies and procedures.
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Monitor and maintain system/server configuration.
- Perform repairs on faulty system/server hardware.
- Plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Check system hardware availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Conduct periodic system maintenance including cleaning (both physically and electronically), disk checks, routine reboots, data dumps, and testing.
- Design group policies and access control lists to ensure compatibility with organizational standards, business rules, and needs.
- Oversee installation, implementation, configuration, and support of system components.
- Diagnose faulty system/server hardware.
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem solving support.
- Configure and optimize network hubs, routers, and switches (e.g., higher-level protocols, tunneling).
- Develop and implement network backup and recovery procedures.
- Diagnose network connectivity problem.
- Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware).
- Install or replace network hubs, routers, and switches.
- Monitor network capacity and performance.
- Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure information is safeguarded against outside parties.
- Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices.
- Implement new system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Integrate new systems into existing network architecture.
- Provide feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure.
- Assess the effectiveness of security controls.
- Apply security policies to meet security objectives of the system.
- Assess all the configuration management (change configuration/release management) processes.
- Develop procedures and test fail-over for system operations transfer to an alternate site based on system availability requirements.
- Analyze and report organizational security posture trends.
- Analyze and report system security posture trends.
- Ensure all systems security operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and updated as necessary.
- Ensure cybersecurity-enabled products or other compensating security control technologies reduce identified risk to an acceptable level.
- Assess adequate access controls based on principles of least privilege and need-to-know.
- Implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed.
- Implement system security measures in accordance with established procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Mitigate/correct security deficiencies identified during security/certification testing and/or recommend risk acceptance for the appropriate senior leader or authorized representative.
- Verify minimum security requirements are in place for all applications.
- Plan and recommend modifications or adjustments based on exercise results or system environment.
- Properly document all systems security implementation, operations and maintenance activities and update as necessary.
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Verify and update security documentation reflecting the application/system security design features.
- Apply security policies to applications that interface with one another, such as Business-to-Business (B2B) applications.
- Apply service oriented security architecture principles to meet organization’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements.
- Ensure application of security patches for commercial products integrated into system design meet the timelines dictated by the management authority for the intended operational environment.
- Ensure the execution of disaster recovery and continuity of operations.
- Implement specific cybersecurity countermeasures for systems and/or applications.
- Ensure the integration and implementation of Cross-Domain Solutions (CDS) in a secure environment.
- Integrate automated capabilities for updating or patching system software where practical and develop processes and procedures for manual updating and patching of system software based on current and projected patch timeline requirements for the operational environment of the system.
- Assess and monitor cybersecurity related to system implementation and testing practices.
- Perform cybersecurity testing of developed applications and/or systems.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- Provide cybersecurity guidance to leadership.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
- Work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Provide advice and input for Disaster Recovery, Contingency, and Continuity of Operations Plans.
- Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events.
- Install and configure hardware, software, and peripheral equipment for system users in accordance with organizational standards.
- Administer accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Monitor and report client-level computer system performance.
- Troubleshoot system hardware and software.
- Analyze incident data for emerging trends.
- Develop and deliver technical training to educate others or meet customer needs.
- Maintain incident tracking and solution database.
- Make recommendations based on trend analysis for enhancements to software and hardware solutions to enhance customer experience.
- Perform asset management/inventory of information technology (IT) resources.
- Develop a trend analysis and impact report.
- Performs configuration management, problem management, capacity management, and financial management for databases and data management systems.
- Implement data management standards, requirements, and specifications.
- Analyze and plan for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements.
- Install and configure database management systems and software.
- Maintain database management systems software.
- Monitor and maintain databases to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases to ensure data integrity.
- Supports incident management, service level management, change management, release management, continuity management, and availability management for databases and data management systems.
- Maintain assured message delivery systems.
- Implement data mining and data warehousing applications.
- Maintain directory replication services that enable information to replicate automatically from rear servers to forward units via optimized routing.
- Maintain information exchanges through publish, subscribe, and alert functions that enable users to send and receive critical information as required.
- Manage the compilation, cataloging, caching, distribution, and retrieval of data.
- Provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures.
MINIMUM SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- 10+ years of technical experience in system administration, network administration, security administration, and technical support with related experience in database administration.
- DOD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification at IAT Level III.
- Self-motivated and the ability to multi-task and balance multiple goals and priorities.
- Medium/50 lbs. maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- DOD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification at IAT Level III is required.
- CASP+ CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- Computing Environment (CE) certifications (e.g., MCP, VCP) are desired.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a related discipline (e.g., information security, cybersecurity, information technology) is desired.
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. *A Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship and immigration status, age, disability or handicap, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. Envisioneering Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let Human Resources know.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on Envisioneering, Inc.’s operations. If you wish to request such an accommodation, please speak to Human Resources.
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Envisioneering, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. If an employee feels he or she has been subjected to any such retaliation, he or she should bring it to the attention of Human Resources. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all investigations.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please complete an online application and submit a current resume with salary requirements @ https://envisioneeringinc.com/ Resumes held in strict confidence.
ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLICANTS: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact Human Resources (HR) at the below to request the appropriate accommodation. Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org