All new hires in technology and engineering positions are eligible for hiring bonuses!
POSITION: Software Engineer / Developer
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
LOCATION: Dahlgren, VA.
JOB ID: 22-011
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Envisioneering, Inc. has an immediate opening for full-time Software Engineer / Developer to support our current work at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). This position requires a DoD Secret clearance. We are seeking a candidate with strong communications skills and the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with multiple Government customers and technical staff. Relocation assistance may be available.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY:
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing content supply portfolio of applications and services.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Sedentary/10 lbs. maximum occasional life/carry of small articles. Some occasional walking or standing may be required.
- 5+ years of experience successfully designing, developing, and implementing multiple software components and systems in Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with a source control tool such as git.
- Experience with a software lifecycle management tool such as Azure DevOps.
- Experience writing unit tests and performing code reviews.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- In-depth knowledge of a scripting language such as MATLAB or Python.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance* required at time of hire.
- In person attendance required for weekly team meetings in Richmond, VA. or by the NSWCDD customer as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related STEM field.
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment screening. U.S. Citizenship Required.
*A Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship and immigration status, age, disability or handicap, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment. Envisioneering Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let Human Resources know.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on Envisioneering, Inc.’s operations. If you wish to request such an accommodation, please speak to Human Resources.
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Envisioneering, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. If an employee feels he or she has been subjected to any such retaliation, he, or she should bring it to the attention of Human Resources. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all investigations.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please complete an online application and submit a current resume with salary requirements @ www.envisioneeringinc.com or find us on Clearance Jobs. Resumes held in strict confidence.
ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLICANTS: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact Human Resources (HR) (email@example.com) to request the appropriate accommodation.