All new hires in technology and engineering positions are eligible for hiring bonuses!
POSITION: Software Developer (Radar)
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
LOCATION: Washington, DC.
JOB ID: 23-008
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Envisioneering, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Software Developer to support our current work at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in support of the Radar Division. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with strong communications and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work with multiple Government customers, investigating, designing, implementing, and testing software on projects for the U.S. Navy. The selected candidate will function as part of software team responsible for delivering capabilities in the C++ language on Linux platforms. Previous experience with C, MATLAB, Python, Git-Flow, CMake and Google Test desired. Understanding of electromagnetics concepts such as real-time adaptive beamforming, radar signal processing, detection, tracking, and waveform scheduling is required.
- Secret DoD clearance.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in software development.
- Software engineering in C++ on Linux platforms.
- Create or modify existing NRL software to develop capabilities such as real-time adaptive beamforming, radar signal processing, detection, tracking, and waveform scheduling as related to both HF and microwave radar systems.
- Modify or adapt existing NRL provided software to develop new capabilities in resource management for multifunction (radar, electronic warfare, and communications) systems.
- Structured techniques shall be employed in all phases of the software development.
- Code will be developed that meet DoD best practices and industry standards.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and integrate software within frameworks such as Git-Flow, CMake and Google Test.
- Develops software tools and utilities as needed.
- Collaborate with software engineers, systems engineers, and subject matter experts.
- Develop technical and user manuals
- 3+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in C++ and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of electromagnetics concepts.
- Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance*.
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. *A Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship and immigration status, age, disability or handicap, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. Envisioneering Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let Human Resources know.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on Envisioneering, Inc.’s operations. If you wish to request such an accommodation, please speak to Human Resources.
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Envisioneering, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. If an employee feels he or she has been subjected to any such retaliation, he or she should bring it to the attention of Human Resources. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all investigations.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please complete an online application and submit a current resume with salary requirements @ https://envisioneeringinc.com/ Resumes held in strict confidence.
ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLICANTS: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact Human Resources (HR) at the below to request the appropriate accommodation. Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision