POSITION: Jr. Electrical Engineer
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
LOCATION: Washington D.C.
JOB ID: 23-007
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
STATUS: Employee / Full Time
Envisioneering, Inc. is seeking a junior electrical engineer in support of services provided to the Department of the Navy and to the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL).
- Work on a team performing research and development to address Navy electronic warfare requirements.
- Research electronic components specifications and availability.
- Work with PCBs for new RF prototype systems.
- Perform performance measurements on electronic components and circuits using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators.
- Follow measurement/test procedures, write down comments during testing, collect data, analyze the data.
- Participate in occasional outdoor testing of prototype hardware at local test sites and at test ranges in other parts of the country as required.
- Occasionally lift/carry test articles or devices up to 35 lbs. Sitting at test benches or standing during laboratory testing.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance that is active within 24 months prior to date of hire.
- Grade point average: 3.0 minimum; (3.3 is desired).
- Good communication skills.
- Work well within a team.
- Motivated to perform hands-on component/circuit measurements and testing in an RF laboratory.
- Proficiency with administrative tools such as MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Fundamental skills using MS Project and PowerPoint are desired. Matlab experience is a plus.
- 1-2 years of electrical engineering experience is desired but may be waived by other engineering and project experience.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. *A Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship and immigration status, age, disability or handicap, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. Envisioneering Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let Human Resources know.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on Envisioneering, Inc.’s operations. If you wish to request such an accommodation, please speak to Human Resources.
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Envisioneering, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. If an employee feels he or she has been subjected to any such retaliation, he or she should bring it to the attention of Human Resources. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all investigations.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit a current resume with salary requirements @ www.envisioneeringinc.com . Resumes held in strict confidence.
ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLICANTS: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact Human Resources (HR) (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the appropriate accommodation