All new hires in technology and engineering positions are eligible for hiring bonuses! This position is eligible for a 10% hiring bonus.
Position: Computer Scientist / Engineer
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret*
LOCATION: Washington D.C.
JOB ID: 21-024
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
STATUS: Employee / Full Time
This position is an opportunity to join a team that offers innovative, exciting, and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. The Computer Engineer is responsible for creating state of the art software for electronic support (ES), typically embedded in experimental real-time hardware systems.
- Implement and test algorithms on embedded processors in support of developing advanced electronic warfare (EW) capabilities against radar and communication systems.
- Implement algorithms on appropriate processing platforms.
- Implement signal processing on the suitable class of embedded processors ranging from relatively simple microprocessor to parallel processing using GPUs under the guidance of senior system and digital design engineers.
- Implement software defined radio functions (such as GNU Radio). You will develop software in C,C++, Java, Python, and Matlab.
- Make enhancements to previously written software and develop new software as necessary to meet Research and Development project goals.
- Write formal and informal reports and provide oral briefings to laboratory management and program sponsors.
- Develop analytic procedures and implement computer programs to perform data transport, signal processing, signal analysis and database manipulation.
- Understand networking, including the details of socket interfaces and TCP and UDP networking protocols. You will interface with field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
- Possess a working knowledge of FPGAs, scripting language interfaces (VHDL and/or Verilog), and of tools related to the programming, utilization, and debugging of hardware/software interfaces.
- Develop different applications on appropriate processing platforms.
- Retrieve of, storage to, and control of data to field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), dynamic or static memory, graphical processing units (GPUs), digital signal processing (DSP) cards, or other embedded processors.
- Determine how processing requirements are distributed between specialized microprocessors, FPGAs, single board computers, graphical processing units, or other embedded processors.
- Implement software defined radio functions (such as GNU Radio).
- Develop Electronic Support Measure (ESM) software that operates in conjunction with ESM hardware. You will conduct laboratory and field-testing of ESM systems and techniques.
- Develop research ideas and prepare briefing materials to present new Research and development concepts in order to solicit new projects.
- Perform upgrades to existing ESM systems and be part of the design process for any new systems that are developed.
- Investigate the potential for RF System on Chip (RFSoC) technology that is currently emerging as a viable approach to create more efficient ESM systems.
- Ability to program in VHDL, Verilog, Matlab, Python, or C++.
- Basic scientific, mathematical, and technical competence.
- Demonstrated software engineering skills: reading code, designing, implementing, and validating new capabilities, working within a team environment, and effective writing.
- Ability to understand mathematical and electrical engineering concepts at an undergraduate level.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) or digital hardware, or of Machine Learning, is much desired.
- Able to lift object up to 50 LBS.
- Travel may be required.
- DoD Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics from an accredited college or university (minimum 3.0 GPA).
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment drug screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing.
*A Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Envisioneering stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit a current resume with salary requirements @ www.envisioneeringinc.com . Resumes held in strict confidence.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision