All new hires in technology and engineering positions are eligible for hiring bonuses!
POSITION: FPGA Engineer
MINIMUM SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret*
LOCATION: Washington D.C.
JOB ID: 22-025
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
STATUS: Employee / Full Time
Envisioneering seeks a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Engineer to contribute to the research and development of naval electronic warfare systems in support of the Naval Research Laboratory’s (NRL) Tactical Electronic Warfare Division (TEWD). The FPGA Design Engineer will apply experience in signal processing for RF spectrum technologies to solve the most pressing problems in defense of our naval forces.
The FPGA Engineer will work with teams of Envisioneering and government scientists and engineers to advance existing projects and propose novel solutions related to the application of RF energy to electronic warfare, countermeasures and directed energy for the U.S. Navy. Relocation assistance may be available.
- Experience in an electrical engineering field including the below listed areas:
- Experience in the design and development and implementation of signal processing algorithms on Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA’s) and Digital Signal Processors
- Experience implementing signal processing algorithms for Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Expert‐level experience with the following languages: Verilog 2001, VHDL 2008, C, C++ and Matlab.
- Experience developing signal processing algorithms for wideband (>2 GHz) signals.
- Experience implementing inter‐processor interfaces in FPGA logic, including SPI, I2C, Ethernet, SDR, DDR.
- Experience implementing FPGA drivers for microprocessors in C and C++.
- Experience creating applications for generating input and output vectors to be used to verify signal-processing systems.
- Experience designing and implementing module‐level and chip‐level self‐checking test benches for verifying complex signal processing systems.
- Experience interfacing with wideband and narrowband RF systems.
- Experience verifying signal processing systems in laboratory and field environments.
- Sedentary/10 lbs. maximum occasional life/carry of small articles. Some occasional walking or standing may be required.
- Bachelors of Science or Engineering in Electrical Engineering.
BENEFITS: Envisioneering, Inc. offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package effective date of hire; including 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision, FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), voluntary life, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave, Holidays and much more.
AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: You must pass a drug and pre-employment screening. U.S. Citizenship Required. *A Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Please confirm in your cover letter or resume.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Envisioneering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship and immigration status, age, disability or handicap, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment. Envisioneering Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let Human Resources know.
Envisioneering, Inc. will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on Envisioneering, Inc.’s operations. If you wish to request such an accommodation, please speak to Human Resources.
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Envisioneering, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. If an employee feels he or she has been subjected to any such retaliation, he, or she should bring it to the attention of Human Resources. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all investigations.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit a current resume with salary requirements @ www.envisioneeringinc.com . Resumes held in strict confidence.
ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLICANTS: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact Human Resources (HR) (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the appropriate accommodation.