A current clearance at the Secret level is REQUIRED for position. You must currently hold a clearance at the Secret level or above or have had within the past 24 months to be eligible for this position.
Brief summary of basic duties include:
COMMON TITLE: Maintenance Trades Helper
LOCATION: Norco, CA.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Surface grinder set-up and operation. (Experience in this area is a KEY REQUIREMENT)
• Able to setup and operate a variety of machine tools such as: I.D. / O.D. grinders, Jig grinder, Lathes, Milling machines
• Ability to read and use inspection equipment: indicators, micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Conduct in-process inspection.
• Dismantle set-ups and return tools to proper location upon completion.
• Clean/ PM machines on a daily basis or upon completion of a job assignment.Transports and furnish Machinist or Welders with materials, tools and supplies.
• Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment.
• Supplying, lifting, and holding materials and tools.
• Use/operate standard machine shop tools (screwdrivers, drills, pliers, wrenches, grinders, etc.)
• CNC Programing and Machining and Conventional Mill and Lathe Operations.
• Basic blueprint reading skills.Perform measurements using standard measuring instruments.
• Performs other routine duties.
• Previous experience in a weld shop or manufacturing shop. Military or prior experience working with the Government a plus.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Extensive standing, lifting, required. Must be able to stand regularly; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to walk frequently; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Ability to speak read and write English.
• U.S. Citizen
MINIMUM/REQUIRED TRAINING :
• H.S. Diploma plus specialized training/certification in machining.
• Training / knowledge in machine shop safety requirements.
• California Class C Driver’s License
• Desired Skills / Experience: Certification in Mastercam, Solid Works or similar.
COMPENSATION: $13.87 per hour. Position is eligible for hourly fringe (In accordance with the Service Contract Act (SCA) and partially dependent on level of benefit enrollment). Alternative or condensed schedules and Overtime hours available.
(* SCA Fringe is calculated/determined during the hiring process and the calculation is based on benefit factors an employee is actually enrolled in OR RECIEVES and that are paid for by the employer.)
BENEFITS: Our company provides a full benefit package including: Medical/Dental/Vision (primary portion of cost employer paid), FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance (employer paid), optional Voluntary Life, paid Leave, 10 paid holidays/year, 401k Plan and an Educational Tuition Reimbursement Program. Employees are eligible for benefits effective on start date. Flexible / alternative condensed schedules available.
As a condition of employment, you must be a U.S. Citizen; pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check result. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Policies. Driving and motor vehicle records will be checked.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.