Senior Systems Engineer/Technical Director
Date: July 2016
Minimum Security Clearance: Must qualify for TS clearance
Location: Washington DC
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Until Filled
Technical Director: Provide technical guidance and direction on programs/projects related to ongoing and planned Electronic Warfare System systems in support of Surface EW Improvement Program (SEWIP) and advanced Offboard decoys. Technical guidance encompasses planning efforts including detail technical options to resolve technical problems/issues. Identify and describe solution options related to both existing program shortfalls and improvements needed to address emerging requirement changes.
Technical Leadership: Broad range of technical expertise with operational understanding and management skills to lead personnel on diverse range of tasks in support of NRL, PEO IWS 2, ONR, and OPNAV. Lead team to derive the detailed technical systems requirements from operational requirements while understanding implications on development and production costs. Identify emerging program needs and provide solution options by continuing dialogue with Navy lab support activities, Fleet reps, Industry partners, Intelligence and Science & Technology communities. Developed risk reduction experiments to retire risks early to maintain schedule while avoiding unwanted surprises. Provide technical support to Navy technical authorities related to issues that arise throughout systems life cycle.
Collaborative Team Builder: Skills needed to establish effective level of cooperation between all the stakeholders in Surface EW programs. Establish collaboration between science and technology programs, programs of record, understanding ship integration requirements needed to achieve effective operational employment.
Business Development: Work with corporate staff to increase business growth by expanding existing capabilities and by pursuing new opportunities into new related business areas.
EXPERIENCE: Shall have at least fifteen 15 years’ experience in system engineering from concept exploration to production. Experience is required in both onboard and offboard EW and the coordinated use of onboard and offboard, and Radar and associated weapons. Experience required includes:
- At least ten years of systems engineering experience with at least five years in systems engineering for EW research and development,
- Assessment of system architectures and associated sub-system and component performance characteristics needed to address existing system shortfalls and capability improvements in response to emerging requirements,
- At least ten years in the DoD system engineering process. Must be capable of leading engineering groups for systems in advanced development through engineering development,
- Development of Concept of Operations (ConOps) and translating ConOps into system requirements leading to system/subsystem specifications,
- Sensors and Countermeasures against targeting and anti-ship cruise missile systems. Experience working with Fleet users and understanding ship/Fleet operations is essential in understanding how EW can be employed to achieve situational awareness and to defeat adversaries using offboard decoys and onboard electronic attack,
- Onboard and offboard RF and EO-IR detection and countermeasure systems, and multi-function systems to include cryptologic,
- Working with system contractors in understanding open system architectures, subsystem design issues, and system deliverable requirements.
Education: Shall have a Master of Science in Engineering or Physics. A BS degree with operational systems experience and graduate credits in systems engineering may be substituted for MSEE.
This position requires a DoD security clearance. Must qualify for TS clearance.
Envisioneering, Inc. has a 30 year history of dedicated mission support and technology development for US national security. Envisioneering delivers effective and innovative research and engineering solutions to Navy’s electronic warfare programs. We employ expert scientists, engineers, technicians, analysts, administrative and security personnel to meet our customer’s most challenging and complex technical and operational problems. Envisioneering has been built on the core values of integrity, fairness, and loyalty to employees, customers, vendors alike. Integrity in our individual and Corporate actions has been the cornerstone of our business philosophy and success.
As a condition of employment, you must pass a pre-employment drug screening as well as have an acceptable background check result. U.S. Citizenship Required. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing. Driving and motor vehicle records are checked for any job applicant when driving maybe required or whenever a rental car must the obtained for business travel purposes.
Envisioneering is an EEO AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. We participate in E-Verify Employment Verification Program.