Position: RF Electronics Technician
Job I.D. No.: 15-001
Position Title: RF Electronics Technician
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Until Filled
Will perform research and development covering a range of technical areas that support the development of next-generation, EW-related technologies and the design and development of prototypes of EW systems designed to protect surface ships, especially against attack by anti-ship missiles.
- In-depth understanding of Electronics Circuitry and Radio Frequency Communications Systems. Radar experience preferred.
- Ability to create and interpret analog, digital, and RF schematic and assembly drawings using commercial CAD software.
- Ability to operate and program common Test Instrumentation including DMMs, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Thermal Chambers, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers and other RF Equipment.
- Familiarity with PC Hardware and the Windows operating systems.
- Skilled using full MS Office Suite.
- Well versed in analog, digital and RF Electronics Assembly Techniques (coaxial cable, waveguide, surface mount soldering and rework, miniature mechanical assembly), and hardware installation, repair, test and alignment.
- Experience using all common hand and cable crimp tools and drill press.
- Experienced in the design and construction of electromechanical Test Fixtures to include custom circuit cards and rack mount assemblies.
- Demonstrated experience writing Test Documents and Procedures.
- Experience collecting and analyzing Test Data.
- Familiarity with LabView graphical programming language.
Education: Associates degree in electronics engineering technology or the equivalent.
Resumes held in strict confidence.
Company benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision (primary portion of cost employer paid), FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), paid Leave, 10 paid holidays/year, 401k Plan, Educational Tuition Reimbursement Program. EOE/MFDV Employer. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, you must be a U.S. Citizen; pass a pre-employment drug screening as well as have an acceptable background check result. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Policies. Driving and motor vehicle records will be checked.
Envisioneering is an EEO AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.