Minimum Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Location: Seal Beach, CA.
Travel: No Travel
Closing Date: Immediate Opening
Status: Employee / Full Time
Summary Position Description: Some specific and summary requirements of the position may include the below. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional duties may be assigned by the Program Manager in support of the task requirements.
- Experience required in chromatography and procedure development.
- Conduct chemical analysis of explosive materials and characterization of composite and polymeric materials utilizing Gas
- Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer, Evolved Gas Analysis, High Pressure Liquid Chromatograph, Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer, Thermo Mechanical Analyzer, Ion Chromatograph, Bomb Calorimeter, Thermogravimetric Analyzer, Differential Scanning Calorimeter, and other analytical equipment.
- Perform research to develop new analysis techniques to reveal anomalies of chemical events that have taken place in ordnance components and constructed materials.
- Responsibilities also include: interpreting test data and preparing reporting on the findings which include conclusions of the level of quality and predications of future performance and serviceability. Work is subject to regular reviews/audits by QA personnel to ensure adherence to established procedures and/or processes.
- Equipment: GCMS as well as the other analytical/diagnostic instruments: Differential Scanning Calorimetric (DSC); Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA);Thermomechanical Analyzer (TMA); Thermogavimetric Analyzer (TGA).
- Work with Lab Resource Coordinator (LRC) to toward problem resolution, meeting deadlines by thoroughly completing and analyzing the diagnostic results.
- Ability and experience to effectively articulate and document results in reports or presentations utilizing actual data in comparison to historical data points; graphs and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Physical Demands: Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach. Time standing may be extensive. Ability to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Clearance: This position requires a DoD Secret security clearance at the Secret level. Applicants selected are required to have held a Secret clearance within the past 24 months.
- Resumes held in strict confidence. Relocation assistance available.
- EOE/M/F/D/V Employer
- Company benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision (primary portion of cost employer paid), FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), paid Leave, 10 paid holidays/year, 401k Plan, Educational Tuition Reimbursement Program. EOE/MFDV Employer. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.