Minimum Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Location: Seal Beach, CA.
Travel: No Travel
Closing Date: Until Filled
We have a contingent job opportunity for a Chemist. This position requires a current clearance (within the past 2 months) at the SECRET level.
Chemist Summary PD:
- Position requires experience in chromatography and procedure development.
- Position is responsible to conduct chemical analysis of explosive materials and characterization of composite and polymeric materials utilizing Gas
- Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer, Evolved Gas Analysis, High Pressure Liquid Chromatograph, Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer, Thermo Mechanical Analyzer, Ion Chromatograph, Bomb Calorimeter, Thermogravimetric Analyzer, Differential Scanning Calorimeter, and other advanced scientific analytical equipment.
- The position t is responsible for performing research to develop new analysis techniques to reveal anomalies of chemical events that have taken place in ordnance components and constructed materials of the TRIDENT Re-entry Body.
- Responsibilities also include: interpreting test data and preparing reporting on the findings which include conclusions of the level of quality and predications of future performance and serviceability. Work is subject to regular reviews/audits by QA personnel to ensure adherence to established procedures and/or processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Physical requirements: Must be able to lift 45 pounds. Extensive standing, lifting, required.
Resumes held in strict confidence. Relocation assistance available.
Company benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision (primary portion of cost employer paid), FSA, Short Term, Long Term, AD&D and Life insurance, (employer paid), paid Leave, 10 paid holidays/year, 401k Plan, Educational Tuition Reimbursement Program. EOE/MFDV Employer. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.