Date: July 2016
Minimum Security Clearance: DoD Secret Security
Location: Washington Navy Yard, Washington DC
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Until Filled
At least five years of experience in Surface Navy Test and Evaluation (T&E) of Electronic Warfare (EW) and/or radar systems. Individual will work with other Navy facilities to identify test assets needed throughout the system T&E process including the role of modeling and simulation in the overall T&E process. Operational shipboard experience in testing, maintaining and operating EW or Radar systems is preferred.
- Must be able to work effectively with system engineers to translate operational and technical requirements into testable parameters.
- Must be able to review and support the preparation of test plans that fully evaluate hardware and software builds throughout the development process,
- Must understand role of T&E from prototype bench testing, system factory acceptance testing, to at-sea testing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively translate T&E results to senior management
- This position requires a DoD security clearance. Must qualify for TS clearance.
- Developing T&E documentation in accordance with DoD 5000.2 acquisition for the next generation of onboard and offboard surface ship Electronic Warfare systems as part of the Surface EW Improvement Program (SEWIP) and Offboard decoy programs.
- This includes developing test requirements, participating in contractor evaluations, writing and coordinating the TEMP, coordinating with acquisition program office, COMOPTEVFOR, OPNAV, and other Navy commands.
- Responsible for verifying that related systems are incorporating requirements and developing interfaces required to support testing and to effectively coordinate onboard and offboard EW.
- Will coordinate with Navy field activities in reviewing, commenting and approving the development contractor’s documentation for verification of system requirements.
- Responsibilities include current in-service systems, developmental systems, and future systems.
- Responsible for developing T&E plans and procedures and monitoring the development of systems in assessing risks, and evaluating the interfaces needed to achieve coordinated onboard/offboard EW.
- Responsible for alerting Program Management to possible risks and inconsistencies and presenting mitigation plans and solutions. Oversee the execution of the Factory Acceptance Testing, Developmental Testing, Operational Testing, and At Sea Testing.
- Some travel required
Engineering Degree preferred. Naval experience and education related to the roles and responsibilities described in this position description will be considered.
Envisioneering, Inc. has a 30 year history of dedicated mission support and technology development for US national security. Envisioneering delivers effective and innovative research and engineering solutions to Navy’s electronic warfare programs. We employ expert scientists, engineers, technicians, analysts, administrative and security personnel to meet our customer’s most challenging and complex technical and operational problems. Envisioneering has been built on the core values of integrity, fairness, and loyalty to employees, customers, vendors alike. Integrity in our individual and Corporate actions has been the cornerstone of our business philosophy and success.
As a condition of employment, you must pass a pre-employment drug screening as well as have an acceptable background check result. U.S. Citizenship Required. Candidate must follow all company and non-DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing. Driving and motor vehicle records are checked for any job applicant when driving maybe required or whenever a rental car must the obtained for business travel purposes.
Envisioneering is an EEO AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. We participate in E-Verify Employment Verification Program.